Coordinative meeting with Rural Women of Prespa
CNVP is implementing the project “NTFP for Prespa Economic Development in Resen”, funded by PONT (Prespa Ohrid Nature Trust).
The overall objective of the project is to enhance the local economy through sustainable use of MAPs in WPA. This will be achieved by cross-border approach; exchange of experience and know-how; developing the capacities of the local producer organizations, in organizational strengthening, networking, and knowledge on cropping MAPs.
On 22 July 2020, CNVP held a coordinative meeting with the Rural women of Prespa, in Resen.
Topics disused on the meeting were:
- Status with the registration of association and cooperative
- Clarification on the ways of future realization of the trainings for Rural women
- Plan for visiting the surrounding villages in Prespa / creating a register with collectors of medical and aromatic herbs
- Discussion about the activities with catering and retail of mountain tea
- Appointment of an operational board of Rural Women from Prespa
- Visit a cooperative in Macedonia; Visit Albania, meeting with PMO members
This project will provide a transboundary and complementary approach for the development of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) farming as a potential for regional economic development.